We strive to make a positive impact in our communities and to society as a whole. Our staff:
- Operates daily as detectives, searching out interference to learning, missing skills and unsolved problems.
- Builds relationships, trust, and community through deep listening of the child AND the parent.
- Invests in the quality of response of our staff by providing daily focus on reflective training, coaching and support.
- Regularly and purposely re-create our intended future, acknowledging that spoken language disappears, and that new learnings must be integrated through application and practice.
- Grounds ourselves in our mission, vision, values, distinctions and core beliefs by consciously keeping all in existence. Earlier is better, timely is essential, empathy is the foundation.
Created by our founder and senior management team, The CHILD Way represents the shared values of our agency and our culture.
The CHILD Way
- We build an intimate community of children, families and providers.
- We look at each child from how the world occurs for them, including: what they see, hear, taste, smell and feel; how they and others move; what is safe and not safe; and what they make all of that mean.
- Each child explores and becomes aware of what thwarts, stops or blocks them. We try on multiple approaches to discover what allows for engagement, taking risks and learning.
- Children learn to express how they feel, what they need, and how to get their needs met in their interactions with others and the world-at-large.
- Our staff is trained and supported to provide who and what is needed, operating from “every moment counts.”
- We reflect on and learn from our experience.
- We stand for success for all children.
- Share and contribute what works.
- Appreciate, acknowledge and celebrate.
- Ask the question, “What is needed now?”
- Operate in coordinated action.